Are you an Australian company wanting to invest overseas or enter into overseas transactions?
We have the extensive links to overseas advisers to assist you. Unlike global law firms, our independence allows us to maintain strong links to independent leading international law firms.
We make sure to match our clients with the right law firm in a particular country, or an expert in a highly specialised area as tax law, in order to guarantee they get the best possible price-performance ratio and expertise on the market.
For our clients this means access to firms that work in the relevant language and understand the local legal environment and culture; and most importantly that share our commitment and values.
- Acting for APN Property Group on bilateral and syndicated cross border facility agreements for 36 retail properties in seven European countries, including Germany and Austria.
- Acting for travel information company Lonely Planet founders, Tony and Maureen Wheeler, on the sale of a 75% interest in Lonely Planet to BBC Worldwide.
- Acting for an Australian-based multi-national financial services company in respect of licensing its fund management system and related trade marks in South Africa.
- Drafting an IT system agreement for an international funds management company in respect of its accounting and property management system in the EU.
- Acting for Telcoinabox, an Australian based telecommunications company, in establishing subsidiaries in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Acting for a subsidiary of Cytopia Limited (a biotech company that was formerly ASX listed), in connection with a collaboration agreement with Cambridge University and other agreements with universities and university departments.
- Acting in a joint venture for Australian chef Bill Grainger to set up a restaurant in Japan.
- Acting for an Australian horticultural association on licensing its world famous trade marks in Japan, the EU, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Canada and other markets.